Monday, May 7, 2007

Weather Forecast: Sunny with Occassional Showers






Its a funny thing about showers. Party showers, that is. I've been to what feels like hundreds at this point. Truly, between babies and weddings, there isn't a girlfriend of mine out there that I haven't celebrated in the past few years. But when its YOUR shower, the entire experience takes on a kind of surreal quality. The food is there. The punch, the cake, the women folk who chat amoungst themselves. Yet, there is something different, and I felt that difference the moment I walked into Jana's house. This was MY shower. I was the one getting married...finally. The pile of gifts...those are for me. The fantastic scrapbook everyone was busily working putting together...mine too. I think that Saturday was the day that it finally sank in that I am getting married--really married, not just school yard married--in less than a month. How rad is that?!?!

That being said, I have to gush about the shower for a bit. My bridesmaids, first of all, are amazing. They put so much work into making my day special, and they did just that tenfold. All of my nearest and dearest were there, if not in body then certainly in spirit. I feel spoiled these last few weeks with all the attention that is paid to me. What is more, is how absolutely foolish it seems to get SO excited about opening your gift of a crockpot, or a gravy boat, or a party tray, or pillow cases. But you do...at least I did. Each of the gifts is just another reminder of the life I am about to start with Tony, and I am almost jumping out of my skin when I think too much about putting our home together--beer mugs and all. There was nothing--not a single thing--that I would have changed about the day. The weather, which had been cloudy, sprinkly, and windy only the night before, was gorgeous. The food was great, the drinks were tasty, the flowers were beautiful, the company was the best.

I gush because I can't help it. I want to remember all the details for these last weeks before the wedding, because I feel like they are going to pass before I can blink. I'm getting married once, and each detail needs to be permanently fixed in my memory. There...I have another one to add to my collection.

1 comment:

JanaRamma said...

Yea! I'm so glad you loved your shower! I had a great time! It was girly and purty and perfect!
xoxo
ps...you're such a good blogger!