Monday, November 26, 2007

A Gobble-licous Holiday


Can you believe how the time is flying? It seems like only yesterday Tony and I were donning our 80s paraphernalia and tripping off to Halloween parties, and now we are sleeping off triptophane hangovers. Who would have thought?

Our Thanksgiving was festive...and busy. We celebrated the day at my mom's house, California style. For those of you who are unfamiliar with that concept, it means sitting in the backyard and soaking up the 80 degree weather. Its rough being a California girl sometimes... Thanksgiving evening was spent at my best friend's parents' house, which has been a tradition of mine since I was in middle school. There was wine, there was pie, there was good conversation. Really, it was everything a girl could ask for for kicking off the holiday season. Tony was able to extend his day well into the evening, which is part of his tradition, and I was able to see friends who I haven't seen in a couple years. It worked out well for everyone.



Unfortunately, Tony had to work on Friday, so I spent the day lazing about and working up the energy to brave the shopping crowds. Because of his work schedule, we had to delay our trip to San Diego to see his family for the holidays. I took the train down on Saturday, and Tony met up with his family and I after work that night. Although short, our San Diego stint was fun filled. My sister-in-law and her family stayed the night, as did my brother-in-law and his wife (it took A LOT of convincing to make that happen...Darryl and Ellen were facing a 160+ mile drive back home in holiday traffic...no fun). My niece, Lydia was on her game and performed a song and dance act at dinner, and my nephew, James showed off his extensive vocabulary (he's 2). All in all, Tony and had a great weekend, and can't wait to make another trip down for Christmas and/our New Years.



I hope that this post finds everyone safe and well and recuperating nicely after Thanksgiving. Much love and hugs to everyone we didn't get to see, and for all of you who did celebrate with us, thank you for making our first holiday as a married couple memorable! Thank you, and good night!


No comments: